A dermatologist is a doctor who has specialized in conditions that are related to hair, skin, and nails. A dermatologist can identify and treat about 3000 or even more conditions. These conditions may include issues such as eczema, psoriasis, and skin cancer.
Dermatologists have extensive training where they have school for about 12 years to learn more about the ways to diagnose and treat a number of skin and hair issues.
Top 20 Dermatologist questions to ask for a job interview
- How many years of experience do you have to work with patients?
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- How do you ensure that the practices and techniques that you follow are up to date with the industry standards?
- What do you want to accomplish with this role?
- Why do you want to work in our office?
- Do you have experience working as a dermatologist with a team of doctors?
- Where did you complete your residency?
- What was the topic for your thesis and what made you go for it?
- Do you have any scholarly articles that have been published in a medical journal under your name?
- What are the different scholarly articles that you have read?
- Have you ever dealt with an aggressive or unruled patient?
- How do you make your patients aware of the usage of sunscreen and its importance?
- Are you experienced in providing a full-body exam? How do approach the same?
- Have you ever misdiagnosed a condition? How did you discover this error and what measures did you take in such a situation?
- How do you build rapport with industry colleagues and coworkers?
- Have you ever worked with patients who have unique or special needs?
- What would you do in a situation where you are not able to access the full medical history of a patient?
- How do you determine whether a mole needs further detection for skin cancer?
- Eczema and Psoriasis seem to be two very similar situations then how do you differentiate them and are the treatments the same?
- What do you enjoy the most about being a dermatologist?