While recruiting a data architect it is important for recruiters to check whether the candidates have a solid technical background with a relevant degree in the desired subject. Using the following data architect questions, recruiters can check the soft skills that a potential candidate might consist of.
Data architects are the professionals who take care of designing, deploying, and maintaining systems to make sure that the company information is gathered effectively and has been stored securely. They need to analyze both the user and the database system requirements and hence create data models while providing functional solutions.
15 data architect questions for a job interview:
- How do you create a model to describe our sales procedure?
- What are some of the elements that you would add for a distributed sales team in the model created?
- What model would you use to forecast quarterly and annual sales trends and why?
- If you had to review an existing database to check on potential improvements where do you start?
- How do you organize user requirements for a new project?
- What is your experience with reference to statistical tools such as SPSS and SAS?
- What are some of the software design patterns that you are familiar with?
- What is the difference between OLTP and OLAP?
- Where do you use OTLP and OLAP?
- What do you understand by snowflake schema?
- What are some of the database software that you have used previously?
- What are some of the visualization tools that you’ve used before?
- Do you regularly join meetings and seminars? Are there any of your favorite seminars that you have attended and why do you like them?
- What are the most difficult database problems that you have faced and how did you handle them?
- What is the most successful project that you’ve worked on and you’ve provided a significant contribution?