If improving the recruitment process at your organization is the top priority, then it is a good time to consider switching to an AI-enabled Applicant Tracking System. You are either already using an ATS or still stuck with excel and word but not really happy with the system. Either way, this article can help you in making the best decision while choosing an Applicant Tracking System. TurboHire and SmartRecruiters are two ATS platforms that focus on improving the recruitment process for organizations.
According to Simplicant, “One of the top reasons why organizations have a slow hiring process is because of the large candidate pools.”
Right now, you might be struggling with handling a lot of job and candidate data. An ATS can arrange this data quickly in an intelligible way. It would make it easier for you to find jobs/ candidates. Not only this, an ATS can take a lot of load off your shoulders.
CNBC says, “More than 95% of fortune 500 companies use an ATS to streamline the recruitment process.”
This shows the significance of an Applicant Tracking System in the success of an organization. This article is a true comparison of TurboHire and SmartRecruiters in addition to the decision-making tips. You can look for:
- Things to consider when subscribing to an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- TurboHire vs SmartRecruiters at 3 recruitment stages – Candidate Discovery, Interview Process, and Hiring Decision
- TurboHire vs SmartRecruiters for Recruitment Structuring
Things to consider when subscribing to an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
When you subscribe to an ATS, you are not only putting in the money but also the time of your Talent Acquisition (TA) team and changing the complete process. If things go wrong, it would waste a lot of time, money, and resources.
So, it’s crucial to know all things to consider before choosing an ATS. We did our best in putting together 7 things that can help you in making a better decision.
1. Cost of ATS:
Before making any purchase, a budget can help to start the buying process. Without a budget, you might be running just and possibly wasting time looking at options way above or below your budget. To narrow down on a budget, you would need to understand the cost of ATS’ you are looking at.
- TurboHire: It offers free ATS to start with. You can explore the tool at zero cost.
- Smart Recruiters: They offer a free trial of 14 days but do not disclose any pricing on the website. It is based on custom pricing.
2. Support from ATS:
After signing up for an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), the onboarding and implementation phase is crucial. This is very you and your team would need continuous support.
- TurboHire: We make sure our customers are onboarded effectively without any hiccups by assigning a dedicated account manager for every account. The account manager will help you set things up and implement your recruitment systems into TurboHire. Along with this, TurboHire also provides go-to guides to easily navigate the platform.
- SmartRecruiters: They provide support through email/ helpdesk, chat, and knowledge base.
3. Ratings & Reviews of ATS:
If you are a cautious buyer, ratings & reviews are something you would look forward to before making a purchase decision. The experience of the current users can give you insights into the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
4. The security offered by ATS:
Data breach has become a primary concern in using technology products these days. To trust your data with an ATS, know the security offered by the ATS’.
- TurboHire offers high-level security for all its customers. We have further received a CIS, ISO27001 certification, and ensure all the data stored by a customer is only accessible by the customer itself.
(CIS is Center for Internet Security. This body makes sure to reduce cyberattacks and secure your data and certifies organizations that adhere to customer data policies.)
Learn more about ISO certification from our VP of Engineering, Rakesh Nayak here.
- SmartRecruiters make sure to use innovative data security methods while transferring data among SmartRecruiters and 3rd parties (Job Boards, Assessment Providers, etc) to help guarantee security.
5. Pricing Transparency of ATS:
When you browse through the pricing pages of these Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) websites, you might find the pricing to be reasonable. When you move ahead and ask for a quote, you might be taken aback. This primarily happens because of no transparency in the pricing.
- TurboHire: We are open about the pricing we offer. Our account executives/ managers will always present you with a detailed explanation of the invoice. We believe that trust-building happens when we are transparent.
- SmartRecruiters: They are not really transparent to the external world but can provide you with detailed pricing when reached out. Most of their pricing is custom.
6. Application Programming Interface (API) by ATS:
Integrations have become a part of life. Even if you do not acknowledge them every day, they help you run your business seamlessly.
Consider how difficult it would be if your new smartphone wouldn’t integrate with your old SIM card. Similarly, it would be difficult to set up your recruitment systems without integrations. You might be using different job boards to source, assessment providers to conduct assessments, etc.
To put all of the above tools under one Applicant Tracking System (ATS), an API (Application Programming Interface) is required.
- TurboHire: We work on an API-first solution that can integrate with multiple assessment providers like MyAnatomy, IBM Watson, Hackerrank, HackerEarth, Stackoverflow, etc. With our API-first approach, it is easier to integrate with any other providers as well.
- SmartRecruiters: SmartRecruiters supports integrations with different business/HR systems like Docusign, Linkedin, and others.
7. Platform Hosting used by ATS:
The performance of a platform majorly depends on the hosting. This will ensure no delay in page loading, good search results, and overall time-saving.
You do not want to experience delayed page loading.
- TurboHire: To ensure no disturbances to the recruiters, we use cloud hosting.
- SmartRecruiters: They also use cloud hosting for a smooth workflow.
SmartRecruiters vs TurboHire at every Recruitment Stage
The recruitment process is generally broken down into three major recruitment stages. Most organizations go through these stages to hire the best candidates for the job.
- Candidate Discovery
- Interview Process
- Hiring Decision
Going forward, we’ll take a look at how each ATS (Applicant Tracking System) can help in improving the recruitment process.
1. Candidate Discovery:
It is often a challenge to find suitable candidates for a job. There are 1000s of resumes to go through to screen and filter to the next stage.
Most organizations take help from recruitment consultants to source the candidates for different positions and a few do it all on their own.
A flexible ATS (Applicant Tracking System) should be able to cater to both types of organizations. Looking into the detailed features, let’s go through a few of them that can help recruiters with the candidate discovery process.
- Vendor Portal: When you have moved to an AI-enabled ATS, you’ll have to move your vendors as well to save more time. But, we understand you cannot share every information about the job with the vendors. Look for an ATS that can be shared with the vendors as well as restrict their permissions.
- TurboHire: We provide a completely different portal for the vendor where you can control the permissions. It is flexible and easy to use.
- SmartRecruiters: They do not support a vendor portal. You’ll have to purchase extra licences and log them in as recruiters.
- Chrome Extension: Sometimes posting a job and waiting for candidates to apply is not enough. Recruiters go way beyond and source suitable candidates from different job boards and social media platforms.
- TurboHire: The TH Chrome Extension (TurboHire Connect) is so powerful that it would scan and capture the candidate profile on the job board/ social media. It would also give an option to add the candidate to the relevant job. This can reduce a lot of manual effort in downloading candidate profiles and uploading them to an ATS.
- SmartRecruiters: They do not provide a chrome extension but do have an app (Android Application).
- AI-Powered Skillset: When hiring for a job, skills are primary to look for in a candidate. An AI-Powered Skill Set that is aware of all the skills required for a particular job can be handy here.
- TurboHire: It comes with in-built AI-Powered skillsets for most of the jobs. You can also create your own custom skillset.
- SmartRecruiters: They do offer an AI-Powered Skill Set option.
- Employee Referral: Every organization runs an employee referral program to get quality hires.
Employee Referrals are 4x more likely to be hired.
- TurboHire: We encourage employee referrals by providing a separate page for employees to refer the suitable candidate to jobs. They can also use the ‘Get Matched’ feature on the referral page to find a suitable job for the referee.
- SmartRecruiters: You can only share the job link with the employees to refer to in SmartRecruiters. This can make it hard to track the source of the candidate.
2. Interview Process:
The longest stage of the recruitment process is the interview stage. There is a lot to manage here. You’ll have to fit the interview schedule into the schedules of multiple people. If you are hiring in bulk, then it can lead to even more confusion if you are doing things manually. But if you have a good ATS, all of this can be a piece of cake and just a few clicks.
- Smart Card Sharing: With smart card sharing, you can share the candidate information on a card which will be easier for the interviewer to glance at during the interview.
- TurboHire: Inside the TurboHire smart card, you’ll have detailed information like the resume, previous rounds of interviews, evaluations filled for the candidate, etc.
- SmartRecruiters: SmartRecruiters does not support smart card sharing.
- Bulk Scheduling: When you have a lot of candidates to be interviewed, this feature can be handy. You can schedule interviews in bulk without doing it over and over again.
- TurboHire: Not only does TurboHire support bulk scheduling it also supports many other actions in bulk (email, changing stages, share, copy, download, delete, etc)
- SmartRecruiters: You’ll have to schedule for every individual candidate.
- Auto-Schedule: It is very difficult to find a timing that is suitable for both the recruiter and the candidate for the interview. With Auto-Scheduling, you can just leave it to the recruiter to decide.
- TurboHire: The recruiter can opt for auto-schedule and the interviewer can choose a slot that is suitable for them. The timing is communicated to the candidate then. This will reduce the number of times you reschedule an interview.
- SmartRecruiters: It does not support auto-schedule and should schedule manually.
3. Hiring Decision:
While ‘Interview’ is the longest recruitment stage, ‘Hiring Decision’ is crucial. This should be done with great caution.
We have observed that recruiters spend a lot of time on rolling offer letters to the candidates. They take the time to make sure if they have pasted the calculations from the excel sheet correctly to the offer letter.
- Salary Calculations: It is often a hassle to copy the calculations from excel to the word offer letter.
- TurboHire: Automated salary calculations in TurboHire can help you save a lot of time and avoid confusion. All you need to do is enter the CTC and the rest are calculated by the system.
- SmartRecruiters: Similarly, SmartRecruiters also support salary calculations.
- E-Signature: When you are working digitally, it wouldn’t make much sense to go back to paper for a signature. And again, there would be time gone in printing, and physically sending the offer to the approvers.
- TurboHire: We provide an E-Signature for both the approver and the candidate to reduce the extra work.
- SmartRecruiters: They also provide E-Signature for offer letters.
SmartRecruiters Vs TurboHire: Recruitment Structuring
Structuring fills the gaps in the recruitment process making it more efficient to use. If the ATS (Applicant Tracking System) is offering a structure, then it can be adopted easily and be replaced by a manual process.
1. Customizable forms:
While hiring for a position, there is a lot of information to collect and a lot to store. Instead of having a specific form, it is more flexible with customizable forms.
- TurboHire: You can make your own form with the customizable forms. Mostly these are used to collect information from the candidates, referrals, and vendors. You can modify them based on your requirement.
- SmartRecruiters: They do not provide customizable forms but definitely have specific forms for specific purposes.
2. Automated Reminders:
Reminding the interviewers to provide feedback, asking the approver to approve the offers, requisitions, etc is a huge task that can be automated easily with automated reminders.
- TurboHire: We have automated reminders for the activities like filling the scorecard (feedback), approving offer letters, and others.
- SmartRecruiters: Not supported by SmartRecruiters.
You have come up a long way in your ATS (Applicant Tracking System) decision and so did TurboHire. We strongly believe that recruitment software can save a lot of time for your recruiters and improve the quality of your hiring. It is a big change to move to a new ATS. Hence, it is necessary to go into every detail while deciding on the best hiring software.
|RATINGS & REVIEWS||4.3||4.6|
According to g2.com, TurboHire has an overall rating of 4.6/5 and SmartRecruiters has 4.3/ 5. If you are looking forward to achieving a
- 72% reduction in time to hire,
- 65% reduction in cost to hire,
- 5x improvement in quality of hire,
Click here to book your free demo now.