If you are looking for ways to reduce the time to hire, then it is time to start using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). It will anyway help you streamline the interview process, but also comes with additional features like single-click job posting, automated offer letters, and an extensive reports library.
According to Zesty, “Recruiters spend about two-thirds of their hiring time on the interview process.”
Ideally, they should be spending time interacting with the candidates and coming up with new recruitment strategies. An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) can save tons of time here and also make your recruitment process more efficient. TurboHire and Eightfold are powerful AI-enabled ATS tools in the industry that reduce the time to hire for organizations.
Amzur says, “More than 60% of recruiters have moved to video interviews permanently.”
And candidates are also most likely interested to attend virtual interviews than physical interviews. Considering the remote working environment, it makes more sense now than ever to use an Applicant Tracking System. We are going to help you make an informed decision by providing a detailed comparison of TurboHire and Eightfold. You can look forward to the following topics in this article.
- Things to consider when subscribing to an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- TurboHire vs Eightfold at 3 recruitment stages – Candidate Discovery, Interview Process, and Hiring Decision
- TurboHire vs Eightfold for Recruitment Structuring
Things to consider when subscribing to an ATS:
When you go for an ATS solution, you put money down but more importantly the time of your Talent Acquisition team and will make major changes to your recruitment process.
If things go wrong, it could waste a lot of time and finances so doing your homework to pick the right system is crucial. Here are 8 things that anyone should look out for when making their decision:
1. Demo & Trial of ATS:
When you are investing in a product to change the complete process of recruitment at your organization, it is important to explore it thoroughly. Demo and trial periods are non-negotiable when it comes to software subscriptions.
- TurboHire: It offers a free demo and a 14-day free trial to explore the platform at your convenience. During the 14 day trial, a dedicated Account Executive will guide and support you to use the platform effectively.
- Eightfold: They offer a free trial of 14 days but do not disclose any pricing on the website. It is based on custom pricing.
2. Cost of ATS:
It is good to check the costs before proceeding with the demo or trial. If the ATS is way out of the budget, then there is no point in taking a trial.
- TurboHire: The pricing is pocket-friendly for most companies. In case it falls out of budget, you can always use the free ATS. So, there is no harm in requesting a demo, we’ll be happy to do that.
- Eightfold: They use custom pricing and might change based on the customer requirement. It is comparatively expensive compared to TurboHire.
3. Support of ATS:
If you are not someone who is tech-savvy, then support is the utmost priority. It would take a lot of time to figure out things. But a good support team can make this process easier.
- TurboHire: A dedicated account manager will be assigned to you immediately. They’ll take care of everything from onboarding and setting up your systems on TurboHire to answering your queries.Apart from this, we always provide helpdesk, chat, email, knowledge bases, and video resources to help customers.
- Eightfold: They provide 24/7 chat support who can take queries from customers at any point of the time.
3. The market targeted by ATS:
HR teams function differently in organizations of different sizes. Making sure your ATS is set up to support your Talent Acquisition (TA) team will make things a lot easier going forward. The easiest way to find out is to look at what markets ATS is focusing on.
- TurboHire: No matter the size of your HR team, it’s easier to adapt. This is because HR teams are based on three core hiring principles: candidate identification, interview process, and hiring decision.
- Eightfold: They focus on large enterprises.
4. Ratings & Reviews of ATS:
Knowing the opinions of people who already used the product will give more insights into the overall adaptability of the product.
You can check for ATS reviews on G2 and Capterra.
5. Security offered by ATS:
An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) can have extremely sensitive information. Therefore, it is crucial to check for the data integrity provided by the ATS.
- TurboHire: We offer high-level security for customer data that has been verified by large organizations to meet their security requirements.You can get more insights about the security offered by TurboHire from our VP of Engineering, Rakesh Nayak here.
- Eightfold: It has security features that control the access of data as well as features. Every individual organization’s account security is managed by Eightfold’s administrators.
6. Pricing Transparency of ATS:
We all had experiences of miscellaneous costs added to the invoices. It is good to know if the sales team of the Applicant Tracking (ATS) software is transparent in talking about the pricing components in the invoice.
- TurboHire: The Account Executive will go through the invoice regarding all the components and will answer any questions you may have. We believe trust is built by being transparent to each other.
- Eightfold: They are not really transparent to the external world but can provide you with detailed pricing when reached out. Most of their pricing is custom.
7. Application Programming Interface (API) by ATS:
Today, the world is full of tools that can perform different tasks for us. This provides ease and improves our life. An ATS should not take away that from you. As a matter of fact, they should integrate the other tools with the ATS.
A lot of integrations would be required to put all the recruitment in one place and the heart of integrations is API (Application Programming Interface).
- Turbohire: We offer an API-first solution that can integrate with third-party assessment providers and HRMS. For example, Greenhouse, Myanatomy, HackerEarth, Adaface, and many more.
- EightFold: It can integrate with any Applicant Tracking System or any HRIS. They currently connect with Greenhouse, iCIMS, Lever, Jobvite, Peoplesoft, SAP, Taleo, and Workday.
8. Platform Hosting used by ATS:
To provide a great recruitment experience to every candidate, the first thing to ensure is a smooth workflow of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS). It is of utmost essential to consider the platform the ATS is hosted on.
- TurboHire: We use a cloud platform to host our platform to ensure there is no breaking while working on the platform.
- ZohoRecruit: They also use a cloud platform to avoid disturbances.
Eightfold Vs TurboHire at every Recruitment Stage
The recruitment process can broadly be divided into three stages. The majority of the companies go through these stages to hire the best talent.
- Candidate Discovery
- Interview Process
- Hiring Decision
We’ll go through each of these stages and see how these Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) can automate the process.
1. Candidate Discovery:
Sourcing the best talent is a challenge for most recruiters. When you post jobs on the job boards, you want to attract the right candidates. Most times, recruiters end up receiving a lot of irrelevant resumes. The screening of these resumes is a time-consuming task. It would be of great help if these resumes can be pre-screened by the Applicant Tracking System.
- Candidate Ranking:The candidates will be ranked according to their skills, experience, and education. This can reduce the hours of manual screening to a few clicks of buttons.
- TurboHire: To ensure your best hire, we have developed “Candidate Ranking.” You will be able to define the ideal candidate and TurboHire will rank the candidates accordingly. This feature is efficient and a great way to speed up hiring.
- Eightfold: Right now, Eightfold does not support candidate ranking.
- Vendor Portal: When you move to an AI-enabled ATS, you’ll have to move your vendors as well. You do want them working with you in tandem and being able to work on the same platform so that they don’t slow down your recruitment process unnecessarily. Therefore, look for an ATS that can be shared with the vendors as well as restrict their permissions.
- TurboHire: We provide a completely different portal for the vendor where you can control the permissions. It is flexible and easy to use.
- Eightfold: As of now, Eightfold does not have a vendor portal feature.
- Duplicate Detection:With a lot of resumes flooding your way, a duplicate detection might save a lot of load on the system and the recruiter.
- TurboHire: To ensure hassle-free recruitment, TurboHire identifies and notifies the duplicate candidates to the recruiter. You can also block the upload of duplicate candidates at your convenience.
- Eightfold: It cannot identify duplicate candidates.
2. Interview Process:
The next important step after shortlisting by AI screening and assessments is the Interview. It is very tiring and time-consuming to call every candidate and Interviewer to schedule an interview.
An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) can reduce the time taken to schedule interviews from a few weeks to a few hours. Let’s look at a few of those time-saving features you should look for while subscribing to an ATS.
- 1-1 Interview: A 1-1 interview is the most common type of interview. Make sure to look for this feature before anything else as it would not be worth it if you are hosting the interview on some other platform.
- TurboHire: It does not just have the 1-1 Interview feature with an in-built video calling platform but can also integrate with other video calling platforms like G-Suite, Teams, etc.
- Eightfold: It does not support evaluation forms.
- Evaluation forms: Conducting interviews online is great because it saves time and energy. However, when you are conducting interviews with someone you haven’t met in real life, this can make it a little more difficult to measure an individual’s commitment and interest.
- TurboHire: You can make customized scorecards on TurboHire that will evaluate a candidate after the interview has taken place. The ATS will give you a consolidated score once evaluations are complete for each and every interviewer.
- Eightfold: It does not support 1-1 Interview.
- Calendar View:After scheduling interviews for the day or week, a quick glance at all the interview schedules can help the recruiter. A calendar view of interviews is a ‘good to have’ feature in this scenario.
- TurboHire: You can view all the interviews scheduled for the day, week, and month. You can also export instant reports from this calendar.
- Eightfold: As of now, Eightfold does not support a calendar view for interviews.
3. Hiring Decision:
While the hiring process can take a long time, it’s important to remember that failure to make the right decision on who to hire could have devastating consequences for your business. This is why recruiters spend a lot of their time on creating and rolling out offers.
- Offer Letter Approval Workflow:Before reaching out to potential candidates, you have to get the approval of your business and human resources departments.
- TurboHire: We have a smart workflow that makes it easy for recruiters to get started. Once you set it up, the system will run automatically – and much quicker than if a recruiter needed to log in and go through every step manually.
- Eightfold: Eightfold does not support Offer Letter Approval Workflow.
- E-Signature:Working digitally would seem much more efficient than using paper for signatures. There would logically be less of a need to print and then actually physically send the offers to the approvers, and so potentially save significant amounts of time.
- TurboHire: We provide an E-Signature for both the approver and the candidate to reduce the extra work.
- Eightfold: They do not provide E-Signature for offer letters.
Eightfold Vs TurboHire: Recruitment Structuring
A recruitment process can be successful only when it has a structure to it. Without a structure, most of the features would not be used by recruiters. To ensure the Applicant Tracking System provides you with a recruitment structure, make sure to check if they support the below features.
1. Customizable forms:
Many companies need to collect a lot of information in the hiring process. Instead of having to create a brand new application form every time, making use of a customizable template allows you to save time by being able to just fill in the essential data on each candidate and then make changes where necessary.
- TurboHire: You can create professional forms using customizable forms. Mostly these are used to collect information from candidates, referrals, vendors, etc. You can customize it as per your requirement.
- Eightfold: They do not provide customizable forms but definitely have specific forms for specific purposes.
2. Job Pipeline:
A process to review the performance of a job is very important in order to continue with the next step in hiring.
- TurboHire: Job Pipeline in TurboHire will give you a detailed understanding of everything happening on the job. This can help in tracking the jobs collectively.
- Eightfold: There is no Job Pipeline on Eightfold.
If multiple recruiters are working on one job posting, Team-Up would be the best feature to work together.
- TurboHire: With ‘Team-Up’, you never have to exchange information over email because everything is displayed on a shared timeline.
- Eightfold: You cannot collaborate with team members for individual jobs on Eightfold.
As we mentioned, the team here at TurboHire.com is all about saving you time and helping to save your team members’ time as well. You have come a long way while you were considering the best applicant tracking system for your company.
|Demo & Trial||Free||Free|
|RATINGS & REVIEWS||4.1||4.6|
|APIs||Integration API||API First|
According to g2.com, TurboHire has an overall rating of 4.6/5 and Eightfold has 4.1/ 5.
If you are looking forward to achieving a
- 72% reduction in time to hire,
- 65% reduction in cost to hire,
- 5x improvement in quality of hire,
Click here to book your free demo now.