Who is a web developer?
A web developer is a professional who is responsible for the construction and design of websites. They need to make sure that the sites meet the user’s expectations by ensuring that they run smoothly, look good, and offer easy access points with no error messages or loading issues between pages.
What does a web developer do?
Web developers are tasked with the responsibility of reading and maintaining websites. They will spend time creating coding languages such as HTML5, which powers most modern mobile devices, and manages the site’s technical aspects which include the capacity to handle traffic without crashing and its performance.
We are looking for a web developer who can be a part of our team and be responsible for the coding, innovative design, and layout of our website. They will also need to build our website right from concept to completion of the website.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a web developer can be provided as follows:
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creation of website layouts, and user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Gathering and refining requirements and specifications based on the technical needs
- Creation and maintaining software documentation
- Stay updated regarding the emerging technologies and industry trends to apply them to various activities and operations
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Be responsible for maintaining, scaling, and expanding our website
The key requirements for a web developer can be provided as follows:
- Proven work experience as a web developer or a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of programming skills including HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including the security, session management, and best development practices
- Basic knowledge of SEO process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and web application development
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks within times that are set
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn rapidly
- Degree in computer science or a relevant field