Who is a sales associate?
A sales associate works closely with the customers in order to determine their needs and hence answer their questions that are related to the products. They also recommend the right solutions for the problems that the customers frequently face. A great sales associate makes a difference in the business's bottom line.
What does a sales associate do?
As the public face of the company, the sales associate is responsible for dealing with any and all of the customer's queries about the products and services that the company offers. A sales associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company's products, services, and even policies.
Complaint handling is also a critical part of the position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer while adhering to the company policies requires a combination of empathy and tact. Another one of the key responsibilities is the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
We are looking for a retail sales associate who is result driven and will be responsible for all of the sales job duties right from generating leads to closing sales
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a sales associate can be provided as follows:
- Ensure there is a high level of customer satisfaction through excellent sales services.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Maintain an in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Follow and achieve the department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Go the extra mile to drive sales
- Assess what are the customer’s needs and hence provide them assistance and information on the product features
- Remain up to date regarding the products that are offered and discuss what options are available
- Process points of sale purchases
- Handle return of merchandise
- Team up with coworkers to ensure there is proper customer service being carried out
- Company with the inventory control procedures
- Cross-sells the products
- Build relationships with customers
The key requirements of a sales associate can be provided as follows:
- Basic math skills
- Proven experience as a retail sales associate or a similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- High school degree, a degree in marketing, or a related field