An internal auditor is a trained professional who is responsible for providing independent and objective evaluations of a company’s financial and operational business activities. They are employed to ensure that companies follow proper procedures and function efficiently. Final reports are then presented to the senior management and can also include recommendations to bring about significant improvements.
The main job of an internal auditor can also be said to find out the problems and correct them before they are found out by the external audit from outside the form of regulatory agencies.
Top 20 Internal audit questions to ask for a job interview
- Why do you want to work as an internal auditor?
- How do you imagine a typical day at work as an internal auditor?
- What do you consider the main auditing risks in a company of such a type?
- What does internal audit mean to you?
- What is your opinion on cooperating with an internal auditor?
- What does IFAC mean?
- If you are hired for this position, what would be the first thing that you will do?
- What do you consider one of your biggest weaknesses as an auditor?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now on?
- Have you ever had any difficulty persuading others to implement your recommendations?
- Describe one of your biggest failures in your professional career?
- Why do you want to work for us and why not one of our competitors such as (another company name)?
- What is required to perform an internal audit?
- Imagine a situation where you need to deal with an uncooperative colleague, what would you do in such a situation?
- Do you have any experience with software solutions for internal audits?
- Have you ever detected any case of fraud, in such a situation what process did you follow?
- Describe a conflict that you have encountered with your colleague.
- How do you ensure to keep your knowledge of laws and regulations up to date?
- How do you conduct an internal audit?
- Describe a time when you struggled to get motivation in your job.