Who is an account executive?
An account executive is an employee who has the primary day-to-day responsibility for an ongoing business relationship with a client. An account executive is most commonly found in advertising, public relations businesses along with financial services. An account executive is also considered to be the main contact person between the vendor and the customer.
What does an account executive do?
The duty of an account executive depends on the specific business and industry that they work for. For example, if they’re responsible for closing new business and managing existing accounts and activities their daily tasks include the following:
- Negotiating and closing the business with new customers
- Growing existing customer accounts to increase revenue
- Identifying new potential clients for the company
- Developing sales strategies based on industry trends and data
- Guiding potential customers through the buying process
We are looking for a competent account executive to find business opportunities and manage customer relationships. You will be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our customer base. The ideal candidate will be experienced in sales and customer service. We expect you to be a reliable professional able to balance customer orientation and a results-driven approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an account executive can be provided as follows:
- Create detailed business plans designed to attain predetermined quotas and goals.
- Present products to prospective clients
- Find out about new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long-term relations
- Remind in regular contact with your clients to understand and reach out for their needs
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction and maintain the company’s reputation
- Negotiate the terms and keep records of all sales and data.
The requirements of an account executive can be provided as follows:
- Proven experience as an account executive or similar sales/customer service role
- Outstanding knowledge of MS office and knowledge of CRM software will be a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to find and build new relations
- Organizational and time management skills
- Have a good understanding of business
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Bachelors in marketing, sales, or business administration