An account executive is said to be someone who is the primary contact between a vendor and a client. They handle the day-to-day relationships between both parties with the goal of achieving optimal customer satisfaction. It is also an account executive’s job to help find prospective clients and bring new business to their company. The account executive is a job title that is primarily associated with various industries such as advertising agencies, public relations firms, and technology companies.
An account executive can have varied responsibilities and depends on the type of business they work for. In general, the account executive will have the following responsibilities:
- Negotiate and close contacts
- Growing existing accounts to increase revenue for the company.
- Coordinate all tasks related to their accounts.
Top 20 account executive questions to ask for a job interview
- Why do you want this job?
- What can we expect from you in your first 30 days?
- What is your greatest strength as an account executive?
- What is your greatest weakness as an account executive?
- Tell us about how you became an account executive
- How is success measured in your current role as an account executive?
- What is your experience with cold calling?
- Tell us your methods for finding sales opportunities
- if you have multiple clients at the same time, how would you prioritize your work?
- Give an example of a time when you solved a client’s problem
- What is your process for successfully negotiating a contract?
- What would you do if a client informs you, they’ve found a new supplier?
- Have you ever disagreed with your supervisor? What happened in such a situation?
- Tell us about a time when you had the most challenging deal
- Tell us about a time when you had to work with a dissatisfied customer
- Is there a time when you reached a goal even after the odds were against you?
- How comfortable are you with CRM?
- How do you improve your account executive skills?
- How do you find prospects through social media?
- Do you have any questions for us?